DIBOL and RPG for RSTS

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:42:36 CDT 2020

On 3/27/20 8:25 PM, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Mar 27, 2020, at 6:12 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have a .tap image of a DIBOL install tape for RSTS?
>>
>> And while I am at it, was there ever RPG for RSTS?
>>
>> I am so bored I have decided to really load up a SIMH system
>> and just live in the past for a while.  I have Fortran-IV,
>> Fortran-77, COBOL-81 and C installed now as well as BASIC and
>> MACRO.  But I  haven't had the chance to do any DIBOL or RPG
>> for quite some time and would love to try them again.
>
> If you want to try something entirely different, dig up the FORTH runtime system that's part of the V10.1 "unsupported" kit.  It's a neat language.  Still in use, in fact.

I used that FIG FORTH package ages ago on real PDP-11's.
Was never impressed with Forth so much.  Only time I was
impressed was when I worked with OpenPROM which was all
written in Forth.  Wanted to do one for the PDP-11 but
lost interest when Sun gave it to IEEE and they wanted
several thousand dollars just to look at it.

Now I am more interested in sticking with the serious
business languages that ran on the PDP-11.

bill