HPE OpenVMS Hobbyist license program is closing

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Wed Mar 11 14:59:04 CDT 2020

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 08:08:43 -0700
Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Release of Classic HP3000 died for the same reason from the same
> company.

After HP bought TI's DSG lines, TI SysV was eventually turned over to a
3rd party, who has so far been unresponsive to my
inquiries about possible hobbyist licensing, either binary or source.
Evidently S1500's may still in use somewhere, unless I'm just the wrong
person asking, or the maintainer simply no longer has the time, having
moved on to newer platforms. In which case, why not a FOSS release? I
understand it's his baby, but still...

Oh, well, I guess there's always the Linux port I was working on off and
on. Hate to have to reinvent the DNIO stuff when I don't even have the
binaries, but there you go.

jbdigriz