Good picture of a S360.

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Tue Mar 3 23:38:40 CST 2020

Marc reckoned
> Yeah, a 360/50. When all the tapes are organized and color matched to the computer, you know it’s just a photo-op of a fake data center, or at best a real one with many hours of preparation for a beauty shot. Nice picture though!

It could be the 'white room'. This was a windowless machine room IBM set up for marketing and product photography of their
systems in the 1960s. I think it was located in NY. There was only a paragraph or two about the white room in (IIRC) the book
'The Interface: IBM and the Transformation of Corporate Design' by John Harwood. There happened to be a copy in the Uni of
Queensland bookshop a couple years ago. I spotted it on the shelf and thumbed through it at the time, but it had so little
on what interested me (and I suspect cctalk readers) relative to the cost I didn't buy it so I'm only going on memory here.

Steve.