Bringing up MVME 197LE (88k)

Plamen Mihaylov plamenspam at afterpeople.com
Tue Jun 30 16:36:08 CDT 2020

Even with a dead battery you should have seen console output. I would check
the serial cable, p2 adapter and 712 console port jumpers first.
You could try to boot directly from the eprom which holds the 197bbug(using
the DIP switches) in case the 197bug has been flashed with custom
firmware(never seen this, but who knows). You can remove the 297 expansion
card as 197 has its own memory soldered on the back-side.