A tool many of you may make find useful!

Dave Dunfield dave.dunfield at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 16:55:34 CDT 2020

>Downloading http://dunfield.maknonsolutions.com/dos/sw/ddw2020.zip
>gets flagged by Windows Defender on Windows 10 Pro (1909)
>as "Worm:Win32/Spybot".

A new tool now available on the site:

Daves Distribution File Checker

I have received reports that  Windows Defenfer  incorrectly lables some of my
executables as naughty.  I assure you this is not the case when published.
They are freshly compiled from my own/known source code on a secure system.

To help you know files are exactly as I uploaded then and not compromized in
transit, I created this tool. It uses a proprietary/unpublished algorithm and
multiple encrypted CRCs to validate that a file is exactly as I published it.
The tool which makes the database will never be distributed in any way.

You can check a complete .ZIP archive or individual files from it.  The archive
does not have to be present for DDFC to check individual files, but you do have
to specify it so DDFC knows which file to reference in it's database.

This program and it's database are self protecting, but can't insure they don't
get replaced by something that looks the same without providing the protection.
To help avoid this, I will reload this file every time I update my site.

Dave