IDE-SD adapter question

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Sat Jun 27 10:34:10 CDT 2020

Peter and Maciej. Thank you very much for the input. I don't believe this BIOS supports anything other than CHS. At least I don't see a way to toggle between CHS and LBA. Is this what I should be looking for? An option to enable LBA mode?

I am not opposed to going to CF, but I have no other computers that have a CF port, thus I have no way to move files onto this 486 computer.

Is there anyway to add LBA mode to this machine? A new BIOS? A new ISA card?
Or am I better off considering a new motherboard altogether? Maybe more of a project than I was hoping for...

I guess a possible solution might be IDE-CF card for the 486 and maybe a corresponding USB-CF for my daily PC for file transfer?

Eugene