Restarting Old Amiga's

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:30:48 CDT 2020

On 6/8/20 3:02 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
> I have the urge to get my Amiga’s back up and running.  I’m still trying
> to find my main Amiga A3000, but have found my A500 and my A600.  The
> problem is, I don’t remember the last time I powered these on.  It’s
> been a long time since I’ve had time.  In the case of the A3000, I think
> it’s been about 17 years.  My Atari TT030 has been even longer. :-(
>
> Any advice about powering them up?

As others have said, battery corrosion is a definite possibility, at least
for the 3000. YMMV with hard drives, too - I think 100MB Quantums were the
norm, and they do seem to be prone to stiction issues as they get older
(the one in my 2500 sometimes needs a little help to get going)

Other than that it's common sense stuff though, visual check for issues,
clean floppy drive heads, isolate and test PSU, try applying power, reseat
stuff as necessary.

Jules