AlphaServer 2100s available

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Mon Jul 27 11:06:16 CDT 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 08:58:22PM +0100, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:
>I can't find the weight in any of my references right now but they are
>very heavy. Three people can move them up a slight slope with some effort
>but you would not successfully lift it into a car (assuming that it would
>fit). I'm planning to dismantle them to move them (i.e.  remove PSU/PSUs
>etc. until they are light enough to move). A tail-lift would probably be
>the sane way to go (and is, indeed, how they got to their current
>location.

It was probably youthful stupidity, but I transported an AlphaServer 2100
in my VW Golf 4 back in the day. I also lifted it out myself (luckily it
was on castors so just needed to make it out of the car). Sadly the machine
later died but I passed it on to a fellow Alpha-owner who stripped it for
parts.

Glad you managed to find homes for all three of them.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/