Compaq Smart Array 3200 Controller as a SCSI Controller

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Fri Jul 17 15:36:21 CDT 2020

On 7/17/20 2:30 PM, ben via cctalk wrote:
> Does modern software even let you know if a drive is failing?

I'm not aware of any software RAID solution jumping up and proactively
notifying you that there's a problem /by/ /default/.

But I think the same thing is largely true about hardware RAID
solutions.  The only caveat being an alarm that might sound on a
hardware RAID solution.  But that assumes that someone is in proximity
to hear it.

All hardware and software RAID solutions that I've worked with do expose
the information.  They all also have software that can be used to check
and then take some action to notify people.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die