Compaq Smart Array 3200 Controller as a SCSI Controller

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jul 14 13:32:25 CDT 2020

On 7/14/20 12:08 PM, Ali via cctalk wrote:
> Thanks. To be clear there are no HDDs connected to the controller
> (there is a separate 5304 controller that has all the HDDs on it). I
> just did not have enough external ports on the 5304 to drive the
> tape library so I wanted to repurpose the original 3200 controller. I
> would think it would not be an issue but the system keeps complaining
> on boot that there are no physical drives (I assume it means HDDs)
> connected to the 3200.

Can you move one HDD to the SMARTarray (to make it happy) and put the
tape library on the 5304?

My concern is that some RAID cards don't like to present things other
than (logical / virtual) hard drives to the host OS.  So I'm not sure if
the tape drive will work connected to it or not.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die