HP 1670E logic analyzer QUESTION ??

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 13:36:41 CST 2020

I forgot that at some point they switched from 3.5-inch drives to
2.5-inch drives.

I just pulled the cover off my 1670E to check exactly what it has for
a hard drive. It is an IBM Travelstar model DBCA-203240, 3.2GB,
4200RPM, 2.5-Inch Hard Disk Drive with ATA/IDE Interface, with a date
code of March 1999.

That is the original hard drive, it has an HP sticker with a raw HD
part number of 0950-3641, which matches the part number in the Agilent
Technologies 1670G-Series Logic Analyzers Service Guide, 01670-97015.
I can't find a service guide specific to the 1670E at the moment.

I don't have an HP 1660E/ES/EP-Series Logic Analyzer to check. Those
are also color LCD display models, and I believe they also use
2.5-inch drives.

The older HP 1660C/CS/CP-Series, 1670A-Series, and 1670D-Series with
mono CRT displays use 3.5-inch drives.