IBM RS/6000 Model 320 (7012-320) SCSI cabling

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Fri Jan 3 22:38:56 CST 2020

Does anyone have a spare internal or external SCSI cable for the IBM RS/6000 Model 320 with the IBM MCA SCSI-1 card (3-1)? For those who don’t know/remember, this card uses a pair of edge connectors (like MFM/ESDI) rather than an IDC connector to connect to its internal two-drop cable, and its external connector is a **sixty-pin** higher-density Centronics connector.

I can make an IDC cable adapter pretty easily but if anyone knows where to acquire working original cables, that’d be preferable to my relative lack of mechanical skill.

  -- Chris