Parasitic Engineering Altair Clock Fix Kit...

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Feb 20 19:26:26 CST 2020

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, William Sudbrink via cctalk wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone happen to have the instructions for this kit?  I would really
> appreciate a scan if you do.
> Also looking for a 1975ish GE Porta-Color television (borrow, rent or buy)
> for VCF East.
> Thanks,
> Bill Sudbrink

Please let us know what you find.

Howard Fullmer created a "beefier" power supply for the Altair.  Ed
Roberts said that people selling aftermarket peripherals were "parasites",
so Howard named his company "Parasitic Engineering".

He later produced the "Shuffleboard" (daughterboard) set for TRS80 that
changed the memory map to be CP/M compatible, and an adapter
(daughterboard) to change the exp-ansion interface to support 8" single
density.   (4th West Coast Computer Faire 1979)

He and George Morrow put out early proposals for standardizing S100.

Later, he was chief engineer for Morrow.

He is no longer at the same addresses in north Berkeley and Albany.
I heard a rumor that he had died, but I have been unable to find more
information.  George Morrow, who would know, is also dead.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com