Help needed identifying old MFM drives from the excavation

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 17:35:07 CST 2020

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 3:23 PM Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Good news: I'm going to get a reader on loan so I should be able to
> image these things. I'll put them up on my web server here, if anyone
> would like to take a look at them let me know.
>
> On a positive note it looks like the Perq T2 units used either the ST506
> or ST412 drives, so those *might* have Perq data as I don't think Bob
> ever had a Pro/350. Then again could be rainbows, is there a PERQ
> emulator out on the web or does anyone know what a Perq disk would look
> like?

David's MFM emulator knows how to decode PERQ hard drive images, if you use
the "--analyze" option to "mfm_read" it should pick it up.  I have a hacky
utility that can extract files from disk images, if they're in POS format.

As for emulators, yes, the one I wrote ages ago, but it doesn't emulate the
T2, as much as I keep hoping to get back to it and make that happen...
https://github.com/jdersch/PERQemu

- Josh