Help needed identifying old MFM drives from the excavation

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Dec 7 14:30:10 CST 2020

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> You really missed out on the big disk drives, say, the old Bryant
> monsters with their 8 pound head assemblies and hydraulic leak bottles.

I have a single, slightly damaged RAMAC platter.  It is only 24" diameter,
but when I showed it to my students, and then mentioned it later, they
tended to remember it as being "three or four FEET" diameter.

When Nikita Krushchev visited America more than 60 years ago in order to
try to de-escalate the cold war, they wouldn't let him go to Disneyland!
So, to "make up for that", they took him to San Jose to the IBM plant to
see the first RAMAC drives.

I have gotten a patio table base for the platter, and now need to get a
cover glass for it, to use it as a table.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com