WTD - Jupiter Ace plastic rivets

John-Paul Stewart jpstewart at personalprojects.net
Fri Dec 4 18:14:32 CST 2020

On 2020-12-03 9:20 p.m., Philip Pemberton via cctalk wrote:
> Has anyone got a couple of the white plastic rivets which are used to
> hold the Jupiter Ace case together?
>
> They consist of a 4-point clawed rivet of about 5mm long, and a pin
> which pushes down the centre to open it out.
>
> I need five of them ideally - but even two or three would get the case
> buttoned up, if not perfectly.
>
> I've checked the local plastic supplier catalogues and haven't found
> anything which quite matches up.

Do any of these meet the required specifications?

https://www.jetpress.com/component-and-fastener-products/expansion-plastic-rivet

Also, try auto parts vendors.  Similar plastic rivets are commonly used
to hold trim panels in place.  Some keywords to look for are "door panel
retainer" or "bumper retainer".