Alto II keyset connector plug identification

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Thu Aug 20 01:38:49 CDT 2020

Wayne/Ian/Marc reckoned
> This place has the 2de19p connectors in their catalog.
> Kinda pricey though.
> https://www.onlinecomponents.com/keywordsearch.aspx?text=2de19p&pagenum=2
>

> On Aug 19, 2020, at 17:48, Ian Finder via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> It's actually an ITT CANON ***2DE19P***, not a DE19 as Marc indicates.
>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 1:48 AM Curious Marc via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> We had the same problem. It’s a DE-19 connector, fits in the same envelope
> has a DB-9, but 3 rows instead of 2. You can see in this video right around
> here: https://youtu.be/GMp5EAq-Elo?t=541  . ITT-canon used to make these.
> You can look them up on eBay, which is where we found ours. Make sure you
> don’t get a two row DB-19, which is a completely different animal.
> Marc

Wayne, Ian, Marc,
   Thank you very much for pinning that one down for me so quickly. Yes they
are fairly pricey, but at least that's a better price than Mouser.

I had a thought, that if the pin spacing was on par with say a common 15-pin VGA
male connector I could buy a bunch of dirt cheap Golden Dragon ones, set them
up in the mill and run a high speed slitting saw diagonally between the pins
(right though the block and metal surround in one go), and just add a plastic
spacer to bump it out to the length of the 19-pin. After all there are only 6
pins used, and of those, just one (assuming common) that would be on the extended
bit.

Steve.