Dixie Canner CPT 8000?

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Fri Apr 24 20:58:17 CDT 2020

Does anybody have a wp made by AES?

In the late 70's, they were experimenting with voice recognition for
their systems. We were a nearby DEC Components OEM and had a hundred or
so LSI11/23 modules in stock.  They sent an engineer over to our plant,
took out the whole stock, and replaced the 13.824 MHz clock crystal
module with the output of a function generator to see how high they
could overclock it to get the response they needed for voice
recognition. I think they bought the 4 or 5 that passed diagnostics with
the highest clock speed, somewhere near 40 MHz IIRC.

cheers,

Nigel

--
Nigel Johnson
MSc., MIEEE, MCSE

Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!

You can reach me by voice on Skype:  TILBURY2591

If time travel ever will be possible, it already is. Ask me again yesterday

This e-mail is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system administrators along the way.
    Nigel Johnson <nw.johnson at ieee.org>

Please consider the environment when deciding if you really need to print this message