Grinnell Systems

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:39:28 CDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 1:57 PM emanuel stiebler <emu at e-bbes.com> wrote:

> On 2020-04-23 03:45, Tony Duell wrote:
>
> > Remember them? I have one. A rackmount box (quite tall, possible 12U
> > or more) with 2 PSUs at the bottom and mostly wire-wrapped boards in
> > the top part. Links to a DR11-B.
> >
> > Alas I don't have any documentation for it.
>
> Which one exactly do you have? Attached to which CPU?

I'll have to get round the back of it and see what's on the nameplate.
I can take some pictures but won't be able to upload them while the
current lockdown carries on.

It's currently not linked to anything. I think it was once on an
11/34, I've had it on my 11/45

> Would you mind talking some pictures?
>
> Suddenly, I'm looking for Old Frame Buffers (actually, they also had
> some intelligence in them too ..)

I also have a PPL frame buffer which uses a hard disk as the video
memory (rotates once every frame time, the video signal is recorded as
analogue FM) with a Unibus interface. And 3 I2S (International Imaging
Systems) video display/processor systems -- a Model 70/E with 6
planes, a Model 70/F4 and a Model 75. I do have a lot of
documentation, including schematics, for those.

-tony