VAXmate PSU

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 9 13:51:38 CDT 2020

Here is a trace taken using a 5us timebase.

https://rjarratt.files.wordpress.com/2020/04/primary-side-shutdown-detail-high-resolution.png

As a reminder the probes are connected as follows:

Ch1. 555 timer.
Ch2. D19 Anode
Ch3. D19 Gate.
Ch4. Q1 Source.

It doesn't look like there are any glitches on the D19 gate. I don't think it is clear why D19 is triggering, because all the previous oscillations are about the same.

> It will be interesting to see what's happening on the secondary side, particularly
> with Q2. I guess you have already checked the obvious things like a short circuit
> on one of the outputs? Also worth checking the rectifier diodes D11, D12, D22
> and D23 (I think).

I did check Q2 before, but perhaps I should check again. I have checked for shorts on the actual outputs, but there don't seem to be any. I have checked one of those rectifiers, I think one of my next tasks is to desolder all of them and check them.