Philips mini computers

nico de jong nico at farumdata.dk
Sat Oct 26 12:53:44 CDT 2019

On 2019-10-26 19:44, Tony Duell via cctalk wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 6:36 PM nico de jong via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Back in the 70's and 80's Philips had a quite popular series of mini
>> computers called P800, which also branched out to the PTS series and
>> possibly other.
>>
>> Could I be lucky to find other list members interested in these
>> products? I know of a few, but there surely must be others. I'm trying
>> to collect what is left of the documentation.
> My first minicomputer (which I still have and can see from where I am sitting)
> was a Philips P850. I now also own a P851 and a P854 (both with floppy drives)
> and lots of spares.
>
> As for documentation I have the CPU (only) technical manual for the P850,
> the 2 volumes of schematics for the P851 and the preliminary manual (alas
> without the microcode source) for the P854. Some other schematics for
> things like the P854's PSU, the 4 channel serial port, floppy disk system, etc.
>
> User manuals for at least the P850 and P851. And some software-related
> manuals, manuals on related machines, etc but I would have to check exactly
> what I have there.
>
> -tony'

Hi Tony

The manuals you mention, don't ring a bell.

We have now more-or-less rejuvenated a PTS6813 aka P857, although
without the discs.

Furthermore, we have the parts to build a P852 from spare parts.

In order to test things, I've developped a simulator and assembler for
the P857, although without floating point and I/O processor, as I have
no documentation for that, so maybe I can harvest something from the
documents you have. Are the mailable, or do you need to scan them first?

Thanks

Nico