Vigra MMI-210 (VME DSP/audio card) documentation?

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Thu Oct 24 12:59:31 CDT 2019

On Oct 24, 2019, at 10:30 AM, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757.org> wrote:

>> I just acquired a Vigra MMI-210 VME DSP/audio card that I’d like to get working. Does anyone happen to have manuals or know where I could find them? The Wayback Machine at the Internet Archive provides some Anyone have a source for more information, or another place to dig for it?
>
> SGI sold one model of these as their audio option for SGI Onyx and Challenge series I believe? If it's similar enough maybe there is documentation from that?

Yeah, the docs I’ve found say the MMI-110 was sold for the Onyx as Vigrasound and used extensively in Discreet Logic installations.

There’s a whole huge chain of acquisitions Vigra went through though (Visicom, Titan, L3, Harris) and I fear this information was lost. There are *a lot* of jumpers on this card, it’s pretty oldschool VME.

  -- Chris