IBM 129 keypunch: How to remove the complete mechanics unit?

P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com
Wed Oct 23 06:36:11 CDT 2019

Hello all,

I may get a 129 IBM keypuncher soon and was wondering, if for transportation- and weight-related reasons, the punch&read mechanics can be carefully removed with the cables from the rest of the sytem?
>From the IBM documents, it seems that after removing the top cover from the table, the mechanics connected to two holders (one one each end) could be separated from the table by removing two screws and two bolts (one of each on every side) and deconnecting all cables down in the electronics cabinet.

See for instance: UvA Computermuseum

UvA Computermuseum

Did anybody make any experiences with this?
I am grateful for any suggestions and/or recommendations.

Best regards,
Pierre