plated wire memory

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 10:28:52 CDT 2019

I don't know much about plated wire store, but I do know it was used in the
Manchester University MU5 computer which pioneered heuristic pipelining.
There is some info here:-

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/cgi/rni/comp-arch.pl?Ibuff/mu5-ibu.html,Ibuff/
mu5-ibu-f.html,Ibuff/menu-mu5.html

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=YD5dDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA52&lpg=PA52&dq=%22mu5%
22+plated+wire+store&source=bl&ots=4vqufyFe81&sig=ACfU3U07-MqiT-58mc16Yjs7C1
eFm_m4UA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVhdb5kavlAhW5TxUIHbJ9Cz4Q6AEwAXoECAkQAQ#v=on
epage&q=%22mu5%22%20plated%20wire%20store&f=true

Dave

<cctalk at classiccmp.org>