Restoring dull BOT markers?

Brent Hilpert bhilpert at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 14 17:49:31 CDT 2019

On 2019-Oct-14, at 12:46 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 10/14/19 12:26 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> On 10/14/19 9:32 AM, Daniel Seagraves via cctalk wrote:
>>> What’s the best way to restore a dull BOT marker
>>
>> replace it
>>
>> there were rolls of brady BOT tape on ebay but I don't see them now
>
> There are still people selling sensing foil tape for audio applications.
> That might work well.  Search for "sensing foil tape" on eBay.

For the sake of a couple of passes through the transport how, about some really thin Al foil - like that which some chocolate, or cigarettes, are wrapped in - stuck on with common transparent office tape. The tape would cover the Al edges so those edges wouldn't directly transit across anything in the transport path, but it's on the opposite side from heads anyways.