pull-out console tables Re: General Automation SPC 16 on eBay

Robert robert626001 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 18:27:25 CDT 2019

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 5:31 PM Steve Malikoff via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

>One other interesting thing I recall with the SPC-16 was that it had a < 1RU-high pull-out
> table for putting a manual on when toggling. IIRC this is the grey panel/bar immediately
> below the console as shown in the eBay photos.
>
> It seemed a really great idea but I've not seen any similar programmer console benches in
> other 70s minicomputers, although a 1978 DEC catalog I have shows they had one available
> as part no. A-H950-G for the H960. The line drawing seems to show it folds down rather than
> slides in like the GA one.

I have two 1U tables that came with my pdp11/34. They are the pull out
type and do not fold down. I don't know whether they are DEC OEM or
third party, though and either is possible as the rack that it came in
was not DEC OEM either.

I'm not able to look at them right now, as they're in my workshop,
while I'm at home but I'll try to remember to examine them when I'm
out there next week to see if I can find any part numbers or other
markings.

--
Robert