Straight -8 Front Panel

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:44:43 CST 2019

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 5:56 PM Rod Smallwood via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Hi Ethan
>
> Ok .. I now have dimensions and will add you to the list

Cool.  Thanks.

> I have only recently got back to doing panels after a break of a couple
> of years.

No worries.  Good to hear your wife is on the mend.

I'm in no hurry.  I won't be doing any restoration work on the
Straight-8s in the next year.  My next big project is trying to get
started on my 11/20.  It has the plexi, so no worries there.  It was
stripped before I rescued it from a dumpster so I have to replace all
the muffin fans and check to see if I have the power paddles or if I
have to have some made.  I definitely did not get the PSUs (those and
the fans were kept) and I am likely to use modern equipment rather
than try to source 50-year-old DEC linear PSUs.  The target is to get
it working by Spring 2022.

After I get my -8/S up, then I'll probably try to tackle one of the
Straight-8s, but I wanted to get in line for a plexi because the time
to get one is when they are made, not 10 years later.

Cheers,

-ethan