UniBone: Linux-to-DEC-UNIBUS-bridge, year #1

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Nov 23 10:31:20 CST 2019

    > From: Eric Smith

    > One version of the RH11 added a small FIFO (called a "silo" by DEC,
    > IIRC) in the data path. I don't recall which suffix that was, nor
    > whether it was the version used in the KS10.

Well, the -AB has the FIFO, according to the Revision J prints (September
1993). It's on the M7294 card (see drawings DBCC/D).

Interestingly, I have prints for an RH11-B! That appears to differ by
having an M7295-YA; that differs from the M7295 by having a hand ECO
(i.e. same etch), part of which can been seen in the lower left corner
of drawing BCTB - the two one-shots.

As to the RH11-C, I looked, and we do have the KS10 prints (MP00540,
mis-labelled "KS10_MaintSch" :-), and it does include RH11 prints. Alas,
those show an M7294, not the claimed M9294-YA. :-( The RH11 sheets are also
out of order (some are at the very back of the pack), and DBCD seems to be
missing entirely. They are revision "L", and the RH11-BA prints are revision
"H", FWLTW.

	Noel