RX01 wants

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 20:30:58 CST 2019

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 2:45 PM Fritz Mueller via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Hi Ethan,
>
> > On Nov 17, 2019, at 11:25 AM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The box is kind of fun, and was standard for word processors and the
> > MINC-11 but I can understand wanting a rackable system.
>
> Thanks for the info!

Sure thing.

Here's a photo of the VT78 on its table over the tabletop RX02 box.
You can see the bent metal "rails" in the bottom - the drive box just
slides back on those.  Quite minimal.

http://computermuseum.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pics/vt78/vt78.jpg

> I’m all for keeping things intact when possible, so I’d also be happy to do a trade for a rackable RX drive if anybody is interested.  Otherwise, would definitely want to pass the box on to any interested collector.

There are many options, as have been discussed.  The drive mechs and
boards and PSU are quite standard and were available in 2-3
configurations (rackable, DECmate I pedestal, tabletop box,
essentially).  All the internal drives used Berg-40-to-Berg-40 cables.
The external ones used the DB25 arrangement.

-ethan