OS8 filesystem tools

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sun May 26 06:56:27 CDT 2019

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 08:00:19PM -0400, Charles Dickman wrote:
> Besides PUTR are there any tools for reading and writing to pdp8 OS8 device
> images? Something with source for Linux maybe?

flx8 is windows command line but I ported it to Linux without that much
difficulty.

http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Downloads/SBC6120_Tools.zip

Some usage in this manual
https://www.grc.com/pdp-8/SBC/SBC6120_Users_Manual.pdf

A modified version does my disk images on my website (under Linux).
http://www.pdp8online.com/images/index.shtml

The web page generation is tied into it but parts of the code are likely
useful. Its based on an older version of the flx8 source. If its useful
to you I can send you a copy.