TMSCP docs?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:47:15 CDT 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 12:52 AM Matt Burke via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 13/05/2019 00:05, Josh Dersch via cctalk wrote:
> > I've been working on an MSCP controller implemented on top of Joerg
> Hoppe's
> > Unibone and that's been going fairly well, modulo a few oddities here and
> > there (if you have a Unibone and want to beta-test it, it's up at
> > https://github.com/livingcomputermuseum/UniBone).
> >
> > It'd be nice to extend it to do TMSCP as well.  Is there an equivalent to
> > the "MSCP Basic Disk Functions Manual" (AA-L619A-TK) for TMSCP?  I can
> > probably glean most of the information I need from various *nix device
> > driver sources out there, but it'd be nice to have the definitive
> reference
> > on hand, and so far it's been eluding me.  But maybe I'm just not looking
> > hard enough...
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Josh
>
> The protocol specification for MSCP and TMSCP is available here:
>
> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/dsa/mscp/
>
> You might also want to look at the implementation of MSCP and TMSCP in
> Simh:
>
> https://github.com/simh/simh/blob/master/PDP11/pdp11_rq.c
> https://github.com/simh/simh/blob/master/PDP11/pdp11_tq.c
>
> Matt

Thanks!  I'd completely missed that directory on Bitsavers (thrown off by
"dsa" I guess) and nothing turned up in my various searches.

And I've been referring to SIMH from time to time on some of the shadowy
corners of the spec, but having the real spec on hand helps put things into
context.

Thanks again,
- Josh