Possible PUTR bug?

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Sat May 11 10:22:24 CDT 2019

I understand your frustration, because all I really wanted to do was
read/write RX33 and RX50 5-1/4" floppies to move data in and out of my
microPDP11.  Once, I wanted to write an RX23 3-1/2" floppy with OpenVMS
PAK files that could be read on an DEC Alpha.

Finding a PC that supports the 5-1/4" floppy drive is difficult, the
BIOS or FDC chips only support 3-1/2" floppies in many late model PC's.
It appeared only a few of the older PC's that supported the 5-1/4"
drives could actually change the spindle speed so you could read/write
RX50 format.

I dedicated a DELL XPS 233H to this task, 32MB memory, Pentium II cpu.
Boots from 3GB hard disk, DOS and Win 3.1 (if you so need it).  I also
have an IDE to CF card adapter standing by when the hard disk dies.
Love to have something with a smaller form factor, but it gets the job done.

Doug