DEC disc pack inspection unit on eBay

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri May 10 12:06:33 CDT 2019

> On May 10, 2019, at 12:53 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> On 5/10/19 9:42 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
>
>> I remember seeing one of these in use, for inspection not cleaning.
>
> correct.
>
> I see the illuminator, but I don't see the eyepiece you use for surface inspection
> in there. There should be a black tube with a lens and a right-angle mirror.

The right-angle mirrors are in those comb shaped accessories.  Those are a set of long skinny mirrors that can swivel.  You insert that device between the platters, turn the mirror to show the surface of interest, and spin the pack to look.

I don't remember them being used with a telescope to magnify the view.  I suppose you could use a standard microscope designed for large spacing between lens and object.

	paul