RT-11 doesn't recognize my 3.5" floppy

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Tue May 7 12:03:03 CDT 2019

On 06/05/2019 23:38, John Forecast via cctalk wrote:
> The release notes on bitsavers indicate that the RX33 was not supported until RT-11 V5.04.

>> On May 6, 2019, at 6:20 PM, Charles via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have installed an RQDX3

>> But, when I boot the system (with RT-11SJ V5.01), it can't see the drive at all.

Not only was the RX33 not supported until 5.04, there's a bug in the
MSCP DU driver that wasn't fixed until 5.03 (IIRC) or maybe 5.04, which
means nothing on an RQDX3 can be guaranteed to work properly before
that.  It caused me a lot of grief, way back in 1994.

See the files at http://www.dunnington.info/public/RQDX/ and
particularly http://www.dunnington.info/public/RQDX/DUX.TXT if you're
interested.

--