H786 power supply help wanted

Charles charlesmorris800 at centurytel.net
Sat Mar 30 19:50:33 CDT 2019

Update: I removed the H786 from the chassis, and set it up on the workbench with loads on the +5 and +12.
No output. 320V across the half-bridge, but no +12 Startup. Found I had forgotten to put a cliplead to the primary of the startup transformer.
Turned it on and it works... 5 and 12 volts into 1 ohm and 4.7 ohm respectively. WTF.

So I disconnected the PC supply, put the H786 back in, and it fired right up (including the real-time clock) and I ran it for half an hour.
Go figure. Ain’t classic computers fun sometimes...