VCF/PNW Exhibit & Trip Report - The Old Calculator Museum

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Mar 29 08:38:13 CDT 2019

    > From: Mattis Lind

    >> Ah. I wonder where it came from originally?

    > It has been in use at STACKEN at least since the beginning of the 80ies

I was meaning before that; somewhere in Scandanavia, I expect? Eh, not that
important, I guess.

    >> And it's odd (to me, at least) to see TU56's on a KA10.

    > It is TU55s as far as I can see.

Ah, I was confused by an aspect of the pictures on that page which I hadn't
noticed before! The fourth picture in that set:

  https://mobile.twitter.com/LivingComputers/status/1102063746019549184/photo/4

which is where I saw the TU56's (along with at least one TU55), shows a
different machine! I just assumed all four were of the KA, but the last shows
them in front of a KI.

Although one has to look carefully to notice that, though, as the size,
colours, etc are very similar; it thus looks _very_ similar to the KA in the
first ones.

I'd still love to find out if there are any other KA's left - does anyone
know of any?

   Noel