50Hz Pulley for 8" Floppy Drive Mitshubishi M2894-63B

jos jos.dreesen at greenmail.ch
Wed Mar 27 11:27:19 CDT 2019

On 10.11.18 13:03, Riesen Thomas via cctalk wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Any suggestions where to find two 50Hz-Pulleys for the 8" Floppy drive
> Mitsubishi M2894-63B?
>
> If there also the appropriate ribbon gummies available, I would be very
> happy.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Thomas's floppydrive is currently on my bench : as we were unable to find the rights parts I proceeded to 3D print them.
A sleeve for the existing 60 Hz pulley was made from PLA, a replacement belt was printed using "Ninjaflex".

The resulting combination is already running for several hours, the belt is as flexible as the original and shows no signs of wear yet.

( This particular drive has the distinction of using a true rubber belt, not the reinforced textile band you normally see )

This ninjaflex  material could potentially be very useful in producing capstans....
Experiments will follow as soon as time permits !

Jos