SCSI2SD: Is it worth a try?

Rico Pajarola rp at servium.ch
Tue Mar 19 14:05:10 CDT 2019

Is it perfect? No.

Is it worth a try? Absolutely!

I have both V5 and V6 and they work very well "most of the time". Some
machines just don't like them (usually in the form of frequent bus resets).
Some machines work better with the V5 and others better with the V6, and
sometimes settings need to be tweaked, but overall I am very happy with
them. I use them mostly as a CD-ROM replacement for installing the OS, and
it saves enormous amounts of time and CD-Rs. Speed is definitely not an
issue.