2.11 BSD on an 11/93 with an CMD SCSI Module

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Fri Mar 15 19:58:09 CDT 2019

Hi Bill,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 08:55:05PM +0000, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:

> Can I assume that all the patches have been applied and tested and
> none of them have been rescinded?
>
> Next, can I assume one need only apply them all in order to bring a
> system up to current level?
>
> And then the logical direction this is going.  Is there any where I
> can find a file containing all of the patches already unpacked so I
> can feed them all into a system just installed?  Dealing with them
> in the only format I have found so far could take weeks to actually
> run them.  :-)

I've been using Compact Flash cards in CF-SCSI adapters with my 11/83s,
with CMD SCSI controllers like yours. The beauty of these CF cards is I
can back them up and copy them via my Mac and Linux systems so easily.

If you get one of these Aztec Monster CF-SCSI adapters, I could send
you an installed, bootable, patched BSD2.11 Complact FLash card, or
image file you could put on a CF or disk. I'll follow up with you off
list. Or, maybe there is some way you could write one of these images
out to a SCSI disk via another system.

I'll follow up with you off-list.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com), KC3DRE