Latest Additions to the Virtual Warehouse of Computing, > Wonders Sale Inventory

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jun 29 17:21:31 CDT 2019

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019, Marvin Johnston via cctalk wrote:
> FYI, it is unlikely there would have been a VCF without Sellam. He basically
> started it (with his own money) and continued through the first 10 years or
> so. Many others help support VCF (and continue to do so even though Sellam
> backed out some number of years ago.)

Many thanks to Sellam those who continue it!
I didn't get an adequate chance to thank Evan at the show last year.

> I, for one, fully support Sellam in his effots to move out his inventory, and
> have never seen him sell anything at 10x prices.

10x??!?

An Imsai 8080 is s'posed to sell for $599 ($931 assembled)
An Apple 1 is s'posed to sell for $666.66
A TRS-80 is s'posed to be $599.95, with monitor and cassette player.
A 5150 is s'posed to be $1281, easily $1565 with base features, and up.
What kind of "capitalist profiteers" would go with what the market
will bear, and charge more?

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com