Dumping MC6801 ROM contents.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:43:28 CDT 2019

I have been asked to dump the ROM contents out of the MC6801 in the
Ericsson PC keyboard to get the MAME emulation fully working. The guy that
is doing the emulation says this is the only thing missing and would be
nice if I could help him getting it finalized.

It is supposed to be quite easy. Put the MC6801 in test mode 0 and provide
RESET vectors for an external EPROM that has a program that dumps the
contents. Maybe in Intel HEX over the serial port. Should be quite straight
forward. But I have thousands of other things to deal with so if someone
already made such a small program I gladly use it instead of making my own.
Even though I done some 6800 and 6809 assembler once upon a time, it was 30
years ago, so I imagine it will take some time to get it working.

Is there anyone that already done this?

/Mattis