M7264 Troubleshooting

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jun 13 08:41:44 CDT 2019

    > From: Allison

    >>  "The console emulator Octal Debugging Technique (ODT)is a portion of
    >>  the processor microcode ... The console ODT implemented on the LSI-11/23,
    >>  PDP-11/23 and PDP-11/23-PLUS is identical."

    > However LSI-11/23 whatever that is, typo?

No, that's exactly what's in the manual I cited; as you say, though:

    > That always had me during my yeas at DEC going which one are you
    > talking about, as every thing had at least three names (never
    > minding numbers) and one was usually ambiguous or a nonspecific
    > family name.

DEC's naming of systems always drove me wild. To me, the worst one is the
lack of a name for a system including a KDJ11-A; as someone here pointed
out, the name "-11/73" is properly only applied to systems with a KDJ11-B
and no PMI memory. As I understand it, DEC apparently didn't sell
KDJ11-A's in complete, new, systems (it was just an upgrade board), so no
number was ever allocated.

	Noel