M7264 Troubleshooting

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Jun 7 21:10:41 CDT 2019

On 06/07/2019 06:19 PM, Mister PDP via cctalk wrote:
> Wow, I wasn't aware that the ODT console needed memory to run. Checking on
> my board, it looks like the 4kw was disabled. I plugged in my 32kw module
> with my M8017-AA, and it fired right up to ODT without a hassle. Seems that
> was the issue all along.

Oh, of course!  You can do very elementary checking of a
switch-and-lights PDP-11 with no memory, but creating any
sort of useful program that will run using only ROM and the
8 registers would be VERY challenging.  I suspect you might
be able to get it to print some text on the terminal, but
not a whole lot more. Obviously, no way to call a subroutine
without a stack.

Well, glad you found it!

Jon