Hewlett-Packard 3000, 9000, Itanium (HP-UX & MPE/iX) Servers, Storage Arrays, Replacement Parts, Maintenance, & Disaster back-ups

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Jan 21 18:56:23 CST 2019

On 1/21/19 5:08 PM, Jesse Dougherty via cctech wrote:
> Cypress Technology, Inc.

<soapbox>

I know that I've seen a number of for sale emails on cctalk, but I think
they were all from individuals.  I don't recall seeing a business
blatantly advertise on cctalk.

I feel like such an advertisement is borderline spam and does not belong
on cctalk.

It's one thing to respond how your company can help someone that's asked
a question, especially if the response is germane to the topic at hand.
I.e.:

Bob:  Does anyone have or know where I can find $part?
Tom:  Bob, email me directly, my company, $CompanyName, has them and
we'd be glad to help you.

That's cool.

Conversely "Hay everybody, check out what we have for sale this week!"
is not so cool.

</soapbox>

--
Grant. . . .