PDP-11 Memory

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 08:20:06 CST 2019

Well, the problem is definitely bus grant as with just two memory
cards in the machine I put the disk controller in and it does not
show up in the Map.  The only problem with this is the question
Why?  I  have examined the memory cards.  The C-D (actually, C)
does have the bus grant lines connected.  I even looked under a
magnifier to be sure the trace hadn't been cut and it is intact.
So, what else cold cause this?

(Another question, however, some cards have the ability to open
this.  Why would you ever do that as it would break pretty much
any card that followed?)

bill