PDP-11 Memory

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Fri Jan 11 15:34:45 CST 2019

On 11/01/2019 20:51, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:

> Listed what I'm using in the beginning of this thread.
> Just CPU and Memory at this point.

OK, I didn't see that - sorry.

>> BTW, BA23 and BA123 microPDP-11 backplanes aren't the same - it's the
>> first 4 slots that differ in a BA123, and slot 13 is different again.
>> Take a look at http://www.dunnington.info/public/PDP-11/QBus_chassis

> Mine are all BA23.  Wasn't the BA123 for the MicroVAX?

No, it was introduced for the microPDP-11 series, and only later used
for MicroVAX and MicroVAX-II.  There are many microPDP-11/83 machines in
BA123 cabinets, it was a very popular option because of the space for
storage devices and the extra backplane slots.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull