Interest in a DiscFerret?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jan 10 20:41:32 CST 2019

On 1/10/19 5:16 PM, Chris Pye via cctalk wrote:

> There is a 13 sector version of ADTPro. All you need is a working
> Apple II or IIe with a floppy drive and serial card (or ethernet
> card). It can even bootstrap the Apple into 13 sector DOS 3.2 mode
> and then you can read and transfer disk images to a PC via serial or
> ethernet. Then use CiderPress to read the files from the disk
> images.

Jim Sather's "Understanding the Apple IIe" has a wonderful exposition on
the workings of the Apple II disk controller.  Without having an Apple
II at my disposal in the 80s, I was able to construct a rather simple
ISA card for a PC that would read Apple floppies.

Then I got a MatchPoint PC card.

Now, of course, handling Apple II floppies can be done with $3
microcontroller card.

--Chuck