VueSCAN

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 15:18:39 CST 2019

my foggy  brain  remembers them  as  I retied   the biz  end of things  before    win 95   came out.

and  I  seem to remember  twain  as a term  used  with hp scanjets  before retirement.\
when i   left   scanjet   2c  was  current  color  product.]anyone  coming thou  az   with a  scanjet iic  in the  car...  it  would  be  welcome here..we  have  an orig   hpscanjet  b/w   but  can use another one  for an offsite  display also.

ed sharpe archivist for smecc

In a message dated 1/7/2019 2:11:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time, cctalk at classiccmp.org writes:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 at 02:39, Ali via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:>>  I wonder if there were ever any TWAIN drivers for Win 3.x.....
Yes, but I think that you needed WIN32S installed.

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:> This is stretching my powers of recollection -- and in my world, back> then, if you could afford (and wanted) a scanner, you used a Mac --> but I think so, yes.
1) some could not afford Mac  (rarely any in the skip)2) some did not have control over employer's purchasing decisions3) depending on what was being scanned, other factors influenced platform

> We are all aware of what that acronym means, yes?
But few pay any attention to any technology without an interesting name.And of those who do and the rest, never the twain shall meet.
--Grumpy Ol' Fred            cisin at xenosoft.com