VueSCAN

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Jan 7 15:11:31 CST 2019

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 at 02:39, Ali via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>  I wonder if there were ever any TWAIN drivers for Win 3.x.....

Yes, but I think that you needed WIN32S installed.

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> This is stretching my powers of recollection -- and in my world, back
> then, if you could afford (and wanted) a scanner, you used a Mac --
> but I think so, yes.

1) some could not afford Mac  (rarely any in the skip)
2) some did not have control over employer's purchasing decisions
3) depending on what was being scanned, other factors influenced platform

> We are all aware of what that acronym means, yes?

But few pay any attention to any technology without an interesting name.
And of those who do and the rest, never the twain shall meet.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com