PDP-11/45 RSTS/E boot problem

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Sat Jan 5 23:45:39 CST 2019

> On Jan 5, 2019, at 9:17 PM, Tony Duell <ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 12:45 AM Fritz Mueller via cctalk
>
>> Easy enough experiment to try; would need to re-jumper the G740 disk selection flip chip in the RK11-C too, I guess?
>
> No. One difference between the RK11-C and RK11-D is how it does drive selects.
> ... The drive is always jumpered for 0,1,2,3.

Hi Tony,

I’m speaking of the G740 at C13 on the RK11-C backplane, appearing on sheet RK11-C-06 in the engineering drawings and described in the last paragraph of section 3.2.5 in the RK11-C manual?

On my RK11-C, this is jumpered to enable only drives 0 and 1; all other jumpers are unpopulated.

	--FritzM.